Sunday 30 April 2017

Bali with the EY interns

Ended my last semester in SMU with a trip to Bali with the crazy bunch of EY interns. I'm a city person so I wasn't expecting to enjoy as much as I did. Turns out that I had boatloads of fun in the sun.  For four days we lived and feasted like kings on mind-shatteringly tender pork ribs, chilled Bintang beer, ridiculously cheap Magnum, and all manner of local delights. I went water rafting for the first time, experienced my first beach with crystal clear waters, and got pummelled by a waterfall . I returned with no souvenirs except two pairs of funky tasseled shorts at $4 a pair, a slight tan, and a ton of photos to edit. Never have I shopped so little yet felt so happy post-trip.
Lunch in a hut overseeing paddy fields


Best tempeh I have ever eaten 

Mixed vegetables and basil "Urap" 

Rice terrace 

Tegenungan waterfall, Ubud

Great ambience at Hog Wild

I think this was pork chop?

First round of unbelievably tender pork ribs at Hog Wild

Pork ribs sous vide - my favourite!

Babi Guling - Crackling skin and unctuous flesh

Attempting some random poses on Jimbaran beach 

Crispy Barramundi Fish Wings at Naughty Nuri's outshined the pork ribs. Who would have thought?

More ribs at Naughty Nuri's. I preferred the ones at Hog Wild

Receipt came in this mug

No comments:

Post a Comment