Sunday 5 June 2016

Dorm Room Grub - Pancakes and French Toast

There's nothing like a stack of fluffy pancakes on a lazy Sunday morning. This 100yen Showa Hot Cake Mix I bought from Don Quixote is my new best friend and has rightfully earned its place as a pantry staple. I was too lazy to read the instructions so the consistency of the pancake batter probably wasn't totally accurate - but hey, it turned out perfectly ok. My pancakes just weren't as thick as those shown on the box. The 300g of mix was sufficient for 3 uses. 

Look at those sexy air pockets

Perfect with a dollop each of blueberry jam and butter

On box: Vanilla fragrance
Then there were the Sundays before pancake mix, which were not as awesome, but I still managed to satisfy my sweet tooth with french toast. 

With strawberries and jam
Super sweet tiny strawberries
I miss spring because it meant punnets of strawberries, but I'm looking forward to peaches this summer, which I can eat with more pancakes. 

Cinnamon peach pancakes. Mmmm. 

2 comments:

  1. Pooh bear lover6 June 2016 at 12:22

    The pancakes have such smooth surface :D i miss strawberries from Japan tooooo! They are so sweet! Melons are in season over here! U can come visit me! Hahaa :DD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to but I don't have enough money :(
      Heard from my friend who went to Taiwan that the food that is cheap and good.
      Send some melons over!

      Delete