Saturday 3 December 2011

My stationery arsenal

I LOVELOVELOVELOVELOVE STATIONERY.

So this post is dedicated to all the stationery I currently have, and all those that I'm about to lay my grubby and greedy little hands on in the near future.

Let's just say I wasn't always a materialistic stationery hoarder. Back in the not-so-old days when I would hardly feel self-conscious for carrying around a winnie-the-pooh school bag, I was content with any pen or pencil as long as it could write. It was a bonus if I got someone's rotton old pilot pen. Even better if someone gave me a pen with non-conventional pink or purple ink.

Fast forward to secondary school. EVERYONE was using some kind of pilot/uniball/blahblah pens and mechanical pencils with pretty little notebooks that seemed too nice to use. Meanwhile, I was using an old exercise book and a bunch of nondescript pens from various unreputable sources. Subjected to the mysterious force called peer pressure, I succumbed and turned into a first class pen snob in a matter of months.

To all those people who I imagined to have sniggered at me for my cheapo stationery, I say HAH.
HAAAAAAAAAAAAH.

Anyway, here's my humble collection.

1) What I bring to school on a daily basis:


- Aluminium ruler
- Whiper PLUS refillable correction tape 6mm
- Pentel Hi-Polymer LIGHT - I'm really excited to start using this! Haven't seen it in any other store besides art friend.
- Pentel Hi-Polymer SOFT - quite good but I prefer the regular one
- uni 0.5 2B NanoDia Blended Hi-Quality Lead (fancy name much, as though I'm using diamonds, which wouldn't be a good idea since I would be scratching up my paper more than writing on it.) It's nice and dark though.
- Pilot SUPER GRIP 0.5 mech pencil - I love this, super comfortable and affordable. Don't like the fancy schmancy shaker version.
- uniball Signo DX 0.38 - THE BEST PEN IN THE WORLD. NO BUTS. blue-black, bordeaux black (maroon), emerald green, orange, lavender black and blue. When I use this, I feel as though I'm writing fine poetry beside a lake under blue skies.
- uniball stylefit - 5in1 with rose pink, orange, brown, lime green, and mechanical pencil cartridges. Shares the same awesome waterproof gel ink with the Signo DX.
- Pilot SUPERGEL - 0.7 in light blue and blue. Ok but not great. Tends to skip a bit.
- Pilot P-500 in blue - I use this exclusively for writing in my school diary. Goes well with the paper but otherwise quite ordinary.
- MILDLINER double ended markers in blue and green - best highlighters/markers in the world. Pretty muted colours, makes you wonder why all other highlighters are on a mission to blind you.
- Zig clean color in green - double ended marker that's a crowd favourite amongst teenage Singaporean girls. Lasts for quite awhile.
- Zig calligraphy II in black - double ended chisel tipped marker used for valiant but amateurish attempts at cursive script.


2) New additions:


- Platinum Plasir fountain pen in blue - My first fountain pen! Also my most expensive pen.
- Uni limited collection (another marketing gimmick) of 5 pens. Signo DX blue, jetstream sport 0.7, multi 5, vision RT, and my favourite KURU TOGA mech pencil. This set was a STEAL at $11.90 considering that the KURU TOGA by itself retails for around $7.
- Economy pack of 15 cheapo ballpoint pens for $1 - I love valu$ for ridiculously cheap buys like this, even if it means I don't qualify to be a 100% pen snob.

Just talking about this fills me with serotonin.












No comments:

Post a Comment